Family Adventure Day4 trek : Adieu until next time
Today I woke up with mixed feelings – “of elation” at having successfully completed the family adventure trekking with kids and “some anxiety” that the trip was coming to a close. Having thoroughly enjoyed the 4 days, time to head back to civilization was imminent.
A day before, the crew had already figured the start point for the way downhill. Today, we make our own path to the village of Ghiyagi.
After one last look at the campsite, where we spent 2 glorious days, we started towards the end of our family adventure trek. Today, we will descend almost 500 meters. It took us 3 hours to make this journey. Here is a photo blog of the downhill trek from Crystal Cave.
After this it was an hour drive from Ghiyagi to Jibhi, which was where we were put up for the night.
Things you may want to know before the travel (Travel tips)
- Walking downhill is quite tough on your knees and toes, so walk at your own pace
- Good hiking shoes is a must
- Keep your clothes layered and space in your backpack. As you climb down, you will start feeling warm. The extra layers can be put in your backpack
- Keep yourself hydrated and carry enough water for until you reach civilization
- At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I re-iterate : Apply sunscreen throughout
Link to other days of the family adventure trek
Day 1 – Jalori Pass to Serolsar Lake
A daughter, sister, wife, mother, friend, IT professional and now – a travel blogger. I just love traveling, exploring new places and this inspired me to share travel experiences and memories with others.