Blogger Recognition Award – another first !
This came out of the blue and I am so honored to have been nominated for my first award – Blogger Recognition Award !
It is an extra special recognition as this is awarded by someone who knows exactly the effort and time blogging takes – another fellow blogger. I am elated that my blog is noticed and appreciated by my blogging colleagues and that in itself is a big motivation.
How did I get the award?
A big shout out to Alexandria Brown, the spunky young lady behind the blog The Cloud Traveler.
Do visit her lovely blog for inspiration as well.
Alexandria, thank you for the nomination – much appreciated.
How did my blog start?
I was always very fond of traveling as you can read here. My blog started as an inspiration from other bloggers and from reading about their travel experiences. I wanted an avenue to share my experiences and learning in the hope that someone has a better experience than I did. It made my day recently when I received a facebook message from one of my reader who mentioned she followed my blog for her itinerary and had a fabulous time !
Advice for new bloggers
I consider myself a pretty new and novice blogger, given I do this part-time. However, I will preach what I practice
- Focus on the quality of your posts and be faithful to your schedule (whatever frequency works for you). Numbers may look good but it is better to have an engaging post rather than a number of fillers.
- Remember – blogging is hard work and requires a lot of focus and time. Be prepared to slog it out, sometimes taking personal time out
- Stay true to yourself and do not get influenced by what seems to work for other bloggers. Your readers like you for your individuality. Do not despair if things are slow. Keep at it, enjoy what you do and you will see appreciation from different sources
I nominate YOU : It is all about acknowledging other bloggers
- Abhijeet Deshpande @ Backpacking Series : A helpful blogger turned writer with an impressive portfolio
- Saru Singhal in and as @BaawriBasanti – Creating magic with words. Her one liners can lift your spirit high !
- Vishu and Saumya @ Road To Taste : A cute traveling foodie couple who supported my first challenges with blogging
- Eamon Wood @ A Backpack, A Chair and A Beard : A young guy in a chair , traveling around the world. #Inspiration #respect
- Lyndsay Riggs Cox @ The Wild Perhaps : A lovely young lady sharing her travels with her husband and travel partner
- Sonal and Sandro @ Drifter Planet : A traveling couple in love with life and each other, exploring a lot of offbeat destinations
- Shivya Nath @ The Shooting Star : A young lady and one of my first inspirations for blogging
- Abhi Surendran @ I am not home : 78 countries in 10 years is quite impressive
- Fumiko Umemoto @ Change out life through adventure : A blogger from Japan, travels solo and firmly believes that travel changed her life
- Kelly Ann Duhigg @ Girl With The Passport : Her humorous posts will make your day
- Niraj Yadav @ Budget Yatri : Next door IT guy who likes to just travel without the added pressure of a bucket list
- Kala Ravi Sarathy @ Relax-N-Rave : Great play of words makes for a smiley start to the day
- Veidehi Gite @ Krazy Butterfly : Avid blogger and extends extensive support to newbies
- Hema and Suma @ Tales Of Travelling Sisters : Two sisters sharing their travel experiences and passion for food with the world
- Globetrotting Indu @ Indu Travel Tales : An adventurous and accomplished globe traveler
Here is what you need to do now:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two-three pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated and provide the link to the post you created.
Congratulations to you all, you deserve it and I urge you to spread the love
Danke and more love to you Alexandria <3 for this nomination.
A daughter, sister, wife, mother, friend, IT professional and now – a travel blogger. I just love traveling, exploring new places and this inspired me to share travel experiences and memories with others.